I am also the co-founder/co-editor of the popular science website “Who Governs Taiwan (菜市場政治學)” (in Chinese), the purpose of which is to use plain language to explain and to promote political science knowledge to the general public in the Chinese-speaking world.
In 2018, we published our first edited volume on democracy and election targeting high school and college students. To learn more information about the book or to purchase the book, please visit here. Here is the book review.
Here is a list of articles I contributed to this blog (all in Chinese): Author’s Page
- “The Politics of Epidemic Control: Using Traditional Market Crowd Control as a Case.” <從菜市場分流看防疫政治學>, June 2021 (with Li-Yin Liu).
- “Is Democracy Inferior to Authoritarianism in Fighting COVID-19? Political Regime, State Capacity, and Pandemic Management.” <民主輸給獨裁了嗎？談政治體制、國家治理與防疫能力>, April 2020
- “What are the impacts of party list vote? Social Policy as an Example” <政黨票除了衝國會席次外還可以有什麼影響？以社會政策為例>, Jan 2020
- “Does Economic Development Necessarily Lead to Democratization?” <發大財後一定能民主化嗎?>, July 2019
- “Does the Cut of Elderly Cash Transfer Affect Taipei’s Mayoral Election in 2018?” <重陽敬老金有影響到台北市長選情嗎?>, February 2019
- “Democracy and Financial Crisis” <你知道金融危機比較容易在民主國家發生嗎?>, September 2018
- “The Political Logic of Government-related Workers’ Generous Pension Benefit in Taiwan” <軍公教優渥退休福利的政治邏輯>, May 2017
- “The Politics of Finance Under Authoritarian Taiwan (Part 3)”<當全球化來敲門：台灣金融市場與監理制度的變革與現狀 (系列之三)>, August 2016
- “The Politics of Finance Under Authoritarian Taiwan (Part 2)” <台灣威權時期的金融監理邏輯 (系列之二)>, August 2016
- “The Politics of Finance Under Authoritarian Taiwan (Part 1)” <台灣威權時期的金融統治邏輯 (系列之一)>, August 2016
- “Does Taiwan Have Friendlier Attitudes about Homosexuality?” <台灣真的對同志越來越友善嗎?>, June 2016
- “Are Female Politicians Less Capable?” <女性政治人物能力真的比較差?>, May 2016
- “Confusing Health Care in Taiwan: Is It Universal Benefit or Social Insurance? Is It Tax-Financed or Contribution-Based?” <令人霧煞煞的全民健保：是「福利」 還是「保險」? 財源應來自「稅收」 還是「保費」 ?>, March 2016
- “How Does the Chinese Government ‘Censor’ Your Opinion?” <中國如何「河蟹」你的言論?>, November 2015
- “The Sunflower Movement in the Lab: What’s So Special About Trading with China?” <實驗室裡的太陽花：與中國簽訂自貿協定有何特殊之處?>, May 2015 (with Fang-Yu Chen)
- “What’s on People’s Mind When Talking About Free Trade? ” <為什麼「利大於弊」無法說服人民：關於自由貿易，人們所想的是… >, March 2015 (with Fang-Yu Chen)
- “On Democracy and Redistribution: Why Is the Chief Executive of Hong Kong so Afraid of True Democracy?” <談民主與重分配－為何香港特首梁振英堅決反對普選？>, March 2015
- “How Do Taiwanese People Perceive National Health Insurance Benefit for Foreigners?” <外國人是否應享有使用全民健保的權利?>, November 2014
- “Who Should Bear the Cost of Risk? On State and Risk Redistribution” <誰該承擔風險? 論國家與風險重分配>, September 2014
- “Moments of Democracy: Analysis on Indonesian Presidential Election” <民主的關鍵時刻：印尼總統大選分析>, July 2014